AGD Systems Ltd is the leading UK manufacturer of traffic and pedestrian detection equipment. Based in the Cheltenham/Gloucester area, we possess a longstanding track record of excellence and passion for innovation, developing a range of market-leading products and putting the customer first. This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning company.
Benefits include: Flexi-time, Healthcare, Pension, Service Related Annual Leave, Discretionary Profit Share.
Applications should include current remuneration and sufficient detail to show how you can meet the requirements and should be addressed to:
Personnel Department, AGD Systems Ltd, White Lion House, Gloucester Road, Staverton, Cheltenham, Glos. GL51 0TF or emailed to email@example.com
About AGD Systems
Ever wondered who keeps our roads moving? AGD develop and manufacture globally compatible ITS product solutions designed to create safer, greener and more efficient traffic and transport environments right across the UK road network and beyond. The products themselves are simple to use, the tech inside them is innovative, and often defines the direction for the market as a whole.
AGD are looking for an experienced software professional to work on the development of a brand-new product. This will be a ‘greenfield’ software development with freedom to select the most suitable technologies for the job.
For your part, you will have excellent software engineering skills with the ability to create an appropriate structure within the software artefacts generated. You will define a software development lifecycle that best suits the product and identify practices and tools that underpin successful outcomes. The product will implement wide-ranging requirements that must be analysed in collaboration with stakeholders. Continuous integration will also be key for this development and you will work with the team to implement suitable strategies.
AGD has a strong focus on innovation, product performance and quality and this provides unique opportunities to apply creativity and engineering excellence throughout the development process.
- Develops formal System Requirements Specifications.
- Leads in-house software development activities for an innovative new product development.
- Performs hands-on development throughout the project and develops subject matter expertise to support this.
- Collaborates closely with third parties on any subcontracted elements of the development.
- Develops Software Architecture and captures using UML modelling tools.
- Identifies and defines software components and their interfaces.
- Performs Peer Reviews.
- Champions best practice development including SOLID OO principles.
- Leads the development of a suitable unit test and continuous integration framework.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Computing related degree qualified.
- Experience of leading Software Architecture activities on complex projects.
- Has successfully delivered software development projects using agile methodologies. e.g. Scrum.
- Experienced in formal requirements capture and management.
- Skilled in UML modelling, or similar, in support of software design activities.
- Knowledgeable about software design patterns.
- Experienced in C++ and SOLID principles.
- Has implemented automated and unit testing / continuous integration frameworks.
- 8+ year’s relevant experience.
- Experience of software development in embedded environments.
- Enterprise Architect experience.