AGD Systems Ltd is the leading UK manufacturer of traffic and pedestrian detection equipment. Based in the Cheltenham/Gloucester area, we possess a longstanding track record of excellence and passion for innovation, developing a range of market-leading products and putting the customer first. This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning company.
Benefits include: Flexi-time, Healthcare, Pension, Service Related Annual Leave, Discretionary Profit Share.
Applications should include current remuneration and sufficient detail to show how you can meet the requirements and should be addressed to:
Personnel Department, AGD Systems Ltd, White Lion House, Gloucester Road, Staverton, Cheltenham, Glos. GL51 0TF or emailed to email@example.com
Salary: £8.20-£9.50 per hour
Responsible for day to day management of stores personnel and to maintain stores stock and associated paperwork.
- Maintain stock above minimum order levels as appropriate.
- Discreet purchase order placement for non-scheduled items eg. fasteners, packaging etc.
- Progress purchase order deliveries as required.
- Maintain accurate stock records (ie. Perpetual Inventory etc).
- GRN/Delivery Note mating.
- To pick kits for production.
- Packing and despatch.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy goods (up to 25kgs).
- Previous warehouse experience required.
- Computer literacy.
- Experience of export and knowledge of SAP.
Strictly No Agencies.
Production engineer required to work as part of a team to ensure the effective planning and implementation of production processes and workflows.
- Technical lead for production service/technical centre.
- Development, support and specifying for production test equipment.
- Liaising with Design Engineers to facilitate design for manufacture and test.
- Generation and maintenance of all production work instructions.
- Work with Design for Manufacture engineer(s) to ensure new products are effectively transferred into production.
- Management of pre-production build for new product introduction.
- Engineering support to the manufacturing department.
- Production line technical co-ordination.
- Technical assistance for production.
Strictly No Agencies.
Salary: Competitive package
AGD are looking for an experienced software architect to work on development of a brand-new product. This will be a ‘greenfield’ software development with freedom to select the most suitable technologies for the job. A forward looking perspective will be essential as the platform created will underpin a range of product variants in the years to come.
For your part, you will have excellent systems and software engineering skills with the ability to create structure across all aspects of our approach and within the software artefacts we generate. You will define a software development lifecycle that best suits the product and identify practices and tools that underpin successful outcomes. The product will implement wide-ranging requirements that must be analysed and refined in collaboration with stakeholders. Continuous integration will also be key for this development and you will work with the team to implement suitable strategies.
AGD has a strong focus on innovation, product performance and quality and this provides unique opportunities to apply creativity and engineering excellence throughout the development process.
- Develops formal System Requirements Specifications.
- Leads in-house software development activities for an innovative new product development.
- Collaborates closely with third parties on any subcontracted elements of the development.
- Develops Software Architecture and captures using UML modelling tools.
- Identifies and defines software components and their interfaces.
- Plans Sprint Execution.
- Performs Peer Reviews.
- Champions best practice development including SOLID OO principles.
- Leads the development of a suitable unit test and continuous integration framework.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Computing related degree qualified.
- Experience of leading Systems Engineering and Software Architecture activities on complex projects.
- Has successfully delivered software development projects using agile methodologies. e.g. Scrum.
- Experienced in formal requirements capture and management.
- Skilled in UML modelling.
- Knowledgeable about software design patterns.
- Experienced in C++ and SOLID principles and able to lead a team in the creation of high quality software.
- Has implemented automated and unit testing / continuous integration frameworks.
- 8+ year’s relevant experience.
- Experience of software development in an embedded environment.
- Enterprise Architect experience.
Strictly No Agencies.